NCI Thesaurus (NCIt) provides reference terminology for many NCI and other systems. It covers vocabulary for clinical care, translational and basic research, and public information and administrative activities.
NCIt is a widely recognized standard for biomedical coding and reference, used by a broad variety of public and private partners both nationally and internationally including the Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium Terminology (CDISC), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Federal Medication Terminologies (FMT), and the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP).
- Stable, unique codes for biomedical concepts;
- Preferred terms, synonyms, research codes, external source codes, and other information;
- Over 100,000 textual definitions;
- Links to NCI Metathesaurus and other information sources;
- Over 400,000 cross-links between concepts, providing formal logic-based definition of many concepts;
- Extensive content integrated from NCI and other partners, much available as separate NCIt subsets
- Updated frequently by a team of subject matter experts.
Source Home Page: